The Brains On team produced Everything you need to know before the solar eclipse on Monday, August 21. Get information like how to safely view the eclipse and review the Brains On observation checklist.
- How to enjoy the eclipse, and not burn out your eyes
- Planning to watch the eclipse? Here's what you need to protect your eyes
- Scientists prepare for 'the most beautiful thing you can see in the sky'
- Go see it, eclipse chasers urge. 'Your first time is always special'
- More than spectacle: Eclipses create science and so can you
- Why future earthlings won't see total solar eclipses
- As eclipse madness sweeps U.S., a Stonehenge made of cars prepares
- From KPCC: NASA asks 'citizen scientists' to collect eclipse data
MPR News Launches Flyover
MPR News will launch a LIVE national call in show starting Sunday, Sept. 10.
Kerri Miller will host Flyover from MPR News during its 12-week run on Sundays at 3 p.m. CT, beginning Sept. 10 and running through Nov. 27.
Each week Miller will ground the one-hour show in a specific place, inviting public radio journalists from stations across America to discuss how this week’s topic is playing out where they live and work. Listeners will be part of the discussion on the air and in social media. Here Miller kicks off the conversation:
What does Flyover say to you? pic.twitter.com/hRs74T2U2C— Kerri Miller (@KerriMPR) August 9, 2017
Reach us with your comments and questions about programs, website content or your membership.
Programming and Projects Supported by Minnesota Legacy Amendment's Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund
A new generation of farmers faces mounting challenges
Expensive equipment and limited access to land are just a couple of the realities new farmers encounter.
Minneapolis native Ava Raiin on touring with Solange, making her debut album
If you’ve listened to Blood Orange’s Freetown Sound, seen Solange live, or caught certain shows by Carly Rae Jepsen, you’ve likely heard Ava Raiin before. You might not know it — she’s rarely on center stage. But Raiin has put years into her background singing career, and she’s so good that some of music’s most influential names…
Flicks in Five: The Princess Bride
"The Princess Bride", a love story based on William Goldman's novel, became a rare success and cult classic after being turned into a movie in 1987. It is considered one of the greatest comedies and romances in cinematic history.