The Brains On team produced Everything you need to know before the solar eclipse on Monday, August 21. Get information like how to safely view the eclipse and review the Brains On observation checklist.
- How to enjoy the eclipse, and not burn out your eyes
- Planning to watch the eclipse? Here's what you need to protect your eyes
- Scientists prepare for 'the most beautiful thing you can see in the sky'
- Go see it, eclipse chasers urge. 'Your first time is always special'
- More than spectacle: Eclipses create science and so can you
- Why future earthlings won't see total solar eclipses
- As eclipse madness sweeps U.S., a Stonehenge made of cars prepares
- From KPCC: NASA asks 'citizen scientists' to collect eclipse data
MPR News Launches Flyover
MPR News will launch a LIVE national call in show starting Sunday, Sept. 10.
Kerri Miller will host Flyover from MPR News during its 12-week run on Sundays at 3 p.m. CT, beginning Sept. 10 and running through Nov. 27.
Each week Miller will ground the one-hour show in a specific place, inviting public radio journalists from stations across America to discuss how this week’s topic is playing out where they live and work. Listeners will be part of the discussion on the air and in social media. Here Miller kicks off the conversation:
What does Flyover say to you? pic.twitter.com/hRs74T2U2C— Kerri Miller (@KerriMPR) August 9, 2017
Reach us with your comments and questions about programs, website content or your membership.
Programming and Projects Supported by Minnesota Legacy Amendment's Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund
Racial issues have often been a test for U.S. presidents with conflicted feelings
President Eisenhower was not a fan of the 1954 Supreme Court order against segregated schools; but he sent the 101st Airborne Division to Little Rock, Ark., to ensure it was enforced at Central High.
Review: Kendrick Lamar is at the top of his game at the Xcel Energy Center
Walking onto the light rail around 7 p.m., I noticed several people obviously headed to the same place as me. Five teens in crop tops chatted about rappers YG and D.R.A.M. On the other side of the train, one girl faced her friend. “I have to get a T-shirt,” she told him. “At Kendrick? I have…
Your Classical Soundtrack for the Eclipse
On August 21, a path starting in Oregon going through South Carolina will experience one of nature's most spectacular events: a total eclipse of the sun.