MPR Announces State Fair Live Broadcasts and Guests
Minnesota Public Radio today announced its 2017 State Fair booth activities and MPR Day lineup.
Visit mpr.org/statefair for schedule updates and more details.
MPR State Fair programming highlights:
* Gov. Mark Dayton, Sen. Amy Klobuchar are scheduled to appear during MPR News live broadcasts the first day of the Fair.
* Hit podcasts Brains On!, Terrible, Thanks for Asking and The Hilarious World of Depression will record episodes live from the MPR booth.
* Classical MPR will host several opportunities for audiences to sing-along with the Twin Cities Beer Choir and Justice Choir.
* The Current and the Citizen's League present a special State Fair edition of Policy & A Pint on Sunday, Sept. 3.
* Friday, Sept. 1 is MPR Day at the Fair. Grab something on a stick and a cold beverage and enjoy a variety of activities at Dan Patch Park (formerly Carousel Park), including live broadcasts from all three stations, a taping of The Local Show with The Current, a commemorative MPR 50th anniversary thank-you item for MPR members (while supplies last), merchandise for purchase, meet and greet opportunities with MPR hosts, a "SmartyBar" for mobile audio assistance, sponsor information & games and more. That evening, MPR Day wraps up with Garrison Keillor's "The Minnesota Show." Tickets are $28/$36 and MPR members receive a discount. Tickets are available online at etix.com or by calling (800) 514-3849. MPR members may call MPR Member and Audience Services at (800) 228-7123 to receive the discount promotion code.
* The Current's Music On-A-Stick, featuring Phantogram and special guests Lucius is set for Sat., Sept. 2. Tickets are $25. Tickets are available online at etix.com or by calling (800) 514-3849.
* On Sundays, The Current will host Rock-the-Cradle pop-up events at the MPR booth, featuring family-friendly activities.
MPR Broadcast Booth
All broadcasts and performances will be held at the Minnesota Public Radio booth, at the corner of Judson and Nelson, unless otherwise noted. All live broadcasts will be simulcast at mpr.org.