Create a Named Endowment
Establishing a named endowed fund with MPR or American Public Media is a great way to leave a legacy and support the services and programming you love and value most. Named endowment gifts are permanently invested along with the general MPR endowment assets, but are dedicated to specific purposes directed by you. A portion of the fund’s value (currently 5%) is distributed each year for the purposes you’ve designated. Your initial gift remains invested with the objectives of preserving the principal and growing both the fund and distributions in perpetuity.
You can create a named endowed fund that reflects your MPR interests and passions with a commitment of $100,000 or more through lifetime or estate gifts. The endowed fund can reflect the name of the donor or someone the donor wishes to honor or memorialize.
We are honored and gratified to recognize the following Endowed Funds recently established:
- David and Shari Boehnen Endowed Fund for Classical Performance Programming
- Therese and James Daniel Endowed Fund for Classical MPR
- Endowed Fund for MPR Internships
- Richard and Jean Engebretson Endowed Fund for Minnesota Public Radio
- Marolyn Halverson Endowed Fund for Classical and Choral Music
- George and Jane Hovland MPR Endowed Fund for Investigative and Political Journalism
- William H. Kling Founders Endowment for the Creative Advancement of Public Media
- Rita Mueller MPR Endowed Fund for Political Journalism
- Thue and Uttara Rasmussen MPR Endowed Fund
- Kevin and Leela Joseph Scattum Endowed Fund for Classical MPR
- Penelope Scialla Endowed Fund for Investigative Reporting and Classical Music
- Irma Wyman Endowed Fund for Classical Education
- Fred J. and Roxanne E. Ziecina Endowed Fund for MPR News and STEM Coverage
We can help you explore different ways to create a fund that reflects your MPR interests and passions.
Contact one of our gift officers to learn about options for establishing a named endowed fund with MPR:
Mark Abner, Director, Major and Planned Giving
651-290-1020 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonja Greenwaldt, Planned Giving Director
(651) 290-1583 | email@example.com
Jeff Smith, Development Officer
651-290-1337 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie Ziemann, Development Officer
651-290-1546 | email@example.com
Other endowment support opportunities
You can make a planned gift of any size for endowment without establishing your own fund, and you’ll be supporting the service you value most.
Some service and programming options for your support include:
- The Current
- Arts and Cultural programs
Contact Sonja Greenwaldt, Planned Giving Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more about endowment gift options.